[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 2.20 MB, 3024x3024, IMG_5737.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2792406 No.2792406 [Reply] [Original]

I know this is an incredibly dumb question, but I’m trying to figure out the actual name of this wooden barrier placed on the outside of new construction so I can figure out how best to remove it. This is placed on the exterior of my new home’s backdoor and, now that I’m adding some stairs to the yard, I’m trying to figure out how best to remove it without annihilating my trim. Sadly, ‘wooden barricade exterior new construction’ isn’t the most targeted search term on Youtube.

Thanks for any help!

>> No.2792408

>>2792406
>the OP
wow. is this what hyper-autism looks like?
or is this just some AI troll botting?

>> No.2792411

>>2792406
It's a railing, and based on the spindles it looks like the sort of railing usually used on deck stairs but a barrier is a barrier.
>removal
If it's screwed in just unscrew it from the wall. If it's nailed in you can pry it off, using something like a thin board or other material between the trim and the pry bar to provide a point of leverage for the bar but better distributing the pressure from the bar across more of the trim, preventing marring/crushing damage.
Alternatively you could tie a rope/strap around one of the horizontal boards and jerk it (giggity) to incrementally pull the nails free from the wall, repeating the process at each corner.
Alternatively alternatively you could approach from the interior and hammer the boards off from the doorway; again to prevent possible damage to the trim don't just sledge the fucker off in one go but tap them loose incrementally.

>>2792408
>it's bait
Almost certainly but it's a chance I'm willing to take for the chance of receiving a (You) of my own.

>> No.2792415

>>2792411

Oh! Perfect! Thank you so much for at least giving me a jumping off point to research more.

I am an absolute idiot with any type of construction stuff, but now that I am a homeowner I’m trying to become a bit more knowledgable! Ask me any tech, code or art thing and I can give you an answer, but this is one area I have no experience in.

>> No.2792424

>>2792415
I still dont see the dilemma.
whatever the fuck it is called shouldn't matter.
.if its fastened to the side of the house somehow. its just a matter of finding the mounting/brackets/fixtures and removing the fasteners that are affixing it to the house.

holy fuck what is this nonsense? are you people even real?

>> No.2792426

It's pointless the only solution is to burn the whole thing to the ground and build a new one.
OP is just in denial about reality.

>> No.2792428

>>2792406
No Jerome. You can't go in.

>> No.2792439

bait bait bait fucking bait. they put those things up during construction for safetl/liability but they have to remove them and put proper steps or deck before it can be sold.

>> No.2792443

>>2792406
If need help to remove this you do not need to he installing stairs. If you are having someone install stairs for you they will take it off.

>> No.2792450

It is a dont sue me because your dumbass face planted out the back door

>> No.2793315

>>2792406
Whether it was intended to be one or not, that's a Juliet Balcony.

>> No.2793317

>>2792406
>how best to remove it without annihilating my trim
Remove the screws that attach it to the house. How do you not figure this out just by looking at it?