[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 2.25 MB, 1080x1920, Test.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
981542 No.981542 [Reply] [Original]

Desktop PC Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 240GB SSD, 24" monitor.

>> No.981544

No gpu?

>> No.981548
File: 837 KB, 764x772, 1688613731867266.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>981544
It doesn't come with a GPU included, but I plan to buy one at Christmas, a GTX 1650 16GB.

>> No.981550
File: 681 KB, 2213x3000, 229.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have a question, could I use the 16GB for rendering in Daz3D if I specifically use 3Delight? I'm not sure if anyone knows about this.

>> No.981575

>>981542
>Core i7
that means like nothing. What version? I had a i7 "Bloomfield" back in 2009. So what gen?
>16GB RAM
Decent amount. Speed and performance is not that important here just the amount. 16GB is a bit low if you also have a chrome tab open on the side and such but this should be OK.
>>981550
i have a question, could I use the 16GB for rendering in Daz3D if I specifically use 3Delight? I'm not sure if anyone knows about this.
yes, the 16GB will be used as video memory if you run without a gpu.
if you are talking about the GTX 1650 16GB (did not know they such a large VRAM version) then ofc you could use all that using any renderer as its mostly down to the amount of shaders and textures in the your scene.

>> No.981576

>>981542
> I'm buying a custom car for (I don't know if I'll use it as an uber or a rock crawler), and these are the specifications it has. How well would it run?
>Car with v7, holds 16 seats, hauls 1 ton, 240kg in the frunk, it has 24" inch wheels
>The car doesn't come with a drivetrain but I plan to buy it at christmas, a gold one.

>>981550
>Could I use 16 wheels for going places with my car? (I don't specify if I'm going to run for a yard or 1000 miles in rocky terrain)

You clearly don't know shit about computers. Of course it will run daz3d. Do you think modern software is still prohibitively specked? Asking if a vanilla pc will run a piece of software is idiotic.

>> No.981885

>>981542
>16GB RAM
Get, at least, 32 GB. And a NVidia GPU with 8 GB or more. If can't get a good GPU, just get a old Xeon with shit loads of Cores in Aliexpress.

>> No.982998

>>981542
>(1/2)

RAM seems low, I'd get 32, HDD is fine but slow, sort of okay for storage but it's gonna be a pain if you store large textures on it. 240gb ssd is cool, I'd Personally get at least 500gb because 240 will store your windows and other stuff that you want to work a little faster. Imo if you install your OS on an HDD it would be very strange, arguably stupid for today when you can get a 1tb SSD for around 80 bucks. Imo SSD speed is not important, it will be 4 times faster than the fastest hdd anyway, but my friend bought himself a 7gb read/write SSD with 1tb storage and he shits on my Evo 970. Monitor doesn't fucking matter unless you play games or work with color. For GPU I suppose a GTX1650 16gb VRAM is cool for Daz but to me it feels like it's a really bad idea, even if it's dirt cheap (becauseif its not enough you aren'tgoing to have a good time, slow renders and lag if your workload exceeds capacity) . CPU that you mentioned means nothing, which generation? How many threads? How many cores? I do not recommend anything below 8 cores, I work in blender and some denoisers use cpu only (not in 4.1 tho, and I use optix anyway but still worth mentioning) eo even if your GPU is enough you might be forced to use your CPU and basicallyget bottleneck. I would say, if your pc can't run games well it probably can't do 3D well either, but if your pc runs games well that doesn't mean it will be good for 3D work. A lot of possible bottlenecks.

>> No.983003

>>981542
>>982998
>(2/2)
I have no idea what 3Dlight is but I don't work with Daz so I don't know if your beefed up gtx 1650 is gonna be able to handle the load. think GTX1650 is designed for 3d work, but perhaps it will due, budget cards are usually designedfor gaming but not production, that doesn't stop you from working on it tho.There is no "too much" when it comes to specs. Somebody mentioned that you could just render on a CPU, that's true, but don't forget that a desktop is more than just a CPU, RAM, GPU, if you don't have good cooling it will throttle your CPU, good cooling for a CPU can be expensive. I assume you are buying a prebuilt pc so they might fuck you on the cooling and case. Motherboard is important, it's the core of your pc and imo mobo maybe a worthwhile investment for future upgradability.

What do you plan to do in Daz? If you do complex effects on meshes with high resolution renders and 2k+ textures it might not be enough. I would honestly say you should go to

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

And test your specs. It's mostly for games but I think it will give you some idea of what your setup is capable of, if your setup cannot even run games at mid settings and you intend to do shit in 4k with effects and many (or complex) models you are just going to buy something your are going to regret. Also somebody said RAM speed doesn't matter but I disagree, it's not crucial but it's noticeable, everything depends on your goals. Imo get a CPU with at least 8 cores and not something from 10 years ago, get at least 32 gigs 2600mhz RAM, get good cooling, get a 500gb SSD and put all your important shit on it, make sure your PSU is enough both to power your current setup and is going to allow to upgrade and install better parts later on, never fun to realize you bought a new GPU but your PSU cannot actually power your setup, gonna have to buy a new PSU, I'd get 600 watts at least.

God speed, have fun morphing women into cows

>> No.983004

>>983003

>I don't think the GTX 1650 is designed for 3D work*

Sorry for my rambling and typos, the point is that you can definitely run Daz, but depending on workload and intentions you might run into problems.

>> No.983005

>>981576

Also this post is fucking based.

>> No.983012

>>983005
I do love my similes and metaphors.