[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 80 KB, 779x1024, 1708825974257259.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23330725 No.23330725[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Most /lit/ers, unless they are two digits IQ consumers, live in a constant state of depression and nihilism, trying their best but unable to perform in a hyper competitive and oversaturated world, knowing that all their struggles and accomplishments are meaningless in the great scheme of things.

Also having "hobbies" and "self-improvement" becomes really old by the time you hit your mid-thirties, and by your forties you'll understand you wasted the best years of your life coping thinking you were going to do all those great things only to soon realize none of your dreams even materialized and there is no escape except the rope.

>> No.23330728

>>23330725
Speak for yourself, and put your money where your mouth is. Kill yourself if that's really how you feel. Why don't you?
Oh that's right. Because you're full of shit.

>> No.23330732

Dreams come true

>> No.23330738

>>23330725
fag

>> No.23330740

>>23330732
You can prove this by making my dream come true

>> No.23330758

>>23330740
What's your dream?

>> No.23330793

>>23330725
>le you are either dumb or depressed
how is high school going?

>> No.23330805

SSDD. Just try to find happiness in the smallest of things. The bug of value hides even under unremarkable rocks. God bless and thank you for reading my post.

>> No.23330820

Get the fuck back to /adv/ faggot OP

>> No.23330824

Nihilism is for 2 digit IQs. Can't be fucked to make it, but imagine that bell curve meme with the grug and the monk enjoying life and finding it meaningful, and you seething in the middle

>> No.23330835

>>23330725
Speak for yourself. Being an energy and time vampire sustains me here.

>> No.23330843

>>23330725
I dunno, I'm 24 and feeling hopeful. The past three years have been hard and I've felt like a failure, but I kept working on myself and I'm proud of who I am now. Doomerism is never justified because even if it's too late to make the life you imagined as a kid, it's never too late to make a better one.

>> No.23330867

whose going to tell OP he's depressed AND low IQ

>> No.23330870

>>23330725
4 digit IQ here, life is pretty good.

>> No.23330874

>>23330758
My dream is a kind stranger giving me a million dollars

>> No.23330876

>>23330843
Doomerism beyond fleeting moments of emotional reflex, is just narcissism.

>> No.23330910
File: 52 KB, 495x619, IMG_3165.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23330725
I used to be a miserable faggot obsessed with happenings on /pol/ until I realized that, for most of human history, no one gave a shit about the things that happened outside their settlement. Now I live as if there was no world beyond my garden wall (if you’ve read the Gormenghast books, you’ll know the feeling). I look at the blue skies, the clouds rolling by and think “it could be AD 1124” and free myself from the trivialities of the current year.

>hobbies become old
On the contrary, as an artist I feel I’ve become aware of such wonderful things that I never would have imagined 10-15 years ago.

>> No.23330912

>>23330910
/pol/ is soul poison and probably a psychological operation aimed at "creating the enemy."

>> No.23330913

>>23330876
I agree but I don't think that's a helpful thing to say. Telling someone lost in the throes of narcissism that they're being narcissistic will either have no effect or make them ashamed and defensive, pushing them deeper into narcissism. I find it's better to frame these things as duties to others. Yes yes, you're suffering greatly, but that isn't noble, you must choose to be optimistic because you owe it to your loved ones to be a good person to have around. That's what helps me because it stops me focusing on myself and how hard it is to be me.

>> No.23330932

>>23330725
>Also having "hobbies" (...) becomes really old by the time you hit your mid-thirties
This is the opposite of the truth

>> No.23330933

>>23330913
It depends. One of the things that helped me was being threatened and the fear of consequence. You have a good heart, but the truth is, sometimes an arrogant person requires humbling and the only way to do it is to put the fear of God in them.

>> No.23330949

>>23330933
That's fair. I guess when I'm feeling doomery I can't be motivated by threats because I just don't really care what happens to me.

>> No.23330953

>>23330949
I was aloof like that once too, but you do care; you just don't think it's real. If it gets real, you'll care.
So don't let it. You know?

>> No.23330962

"Work on yourself" and "improve yourself" are just normie reactionary copes to their strong sensitivity to negativity. Normies will hear you complain and because they can't handle that, they will give you a host of normoid interventions that only work for them and when these interventions fail, they will call you weak and avoid you because being around you affects them. I have found there are two types of people in this world. People who suffer out of being alive and normoids who suffer when something external affects them. Understand which type you are anon and decide whether living is worth it, don't let the normgroids tell you otherwise.

>> No.23330965

>>23330962
What the fuck is anyone supposed to do with your "complaints?" Have you considered that they dont know how to help you, because they can't, and they're still trying to, but you're too much of a fucking knob to appreciate any kindness anyone shows to you? Because the smart ones won't tell you to self improve, they'll see your nature and tell you to stay the fuck away from them.
Idiot

>> No.23330968

>>23330953
Yeah I'm better now, not as self-centered and angsty. I know what you mean. It was difficult but I've been pretty successful at backpedaling the damage I did to my life trajectory. I feel lucky I realized I was nosediving while I still had time to pull out of it.

>> No.23330989

>>23330968
Indeed.
Luckily for us lol, nerds are usually impotent/ineffectual. So most of the damage we cause is restricted to talking shit, words. These things can be more easily repaired and moved on from.
I feel real bad for the people who's version of it gets them hooked on heroin or behind bars. I guess we can take some solace in knowing we aren't that.

>> No.23330997

>>23330725
> knowing that all their struggles and accomplishments are meaningless in the great scheme of things.
you can still make art and get great satisfaction from that even if you receive no acclaim or recognition for it

>> No.23331001

>>23330965
I have but that doesn't stop them from offering to help. Like i said, negativity affects normies in a different way. You could be sitting by yourself at work and not bothering anyone and a normie would find a way to intervene and offer solutions and when you protest, you are prosecuted for that you ignorant normie faggot, not everyone is smart and you can't avoid the dumb ones since they are the majority.

>> No.23331035

>>23331001
People can read on your face that something is wrong and they're trying to help. Sure, if it's unsolicited, then it's unwanted and they should realize that. That's their shortcoming. But you can still interpret it properly for what it is, someone trying to help you out, instead of acting like it's because you're so superior and they're so stupid.
And they're right btw, you admit yourself something is wrong.

>> No.23331046

>>23330725
Average fag doomer take. I guess I'd understand if you have some neurological issue or if you've gone through a recent traumatic experience but most likely it's none of the above for you. Last year was absolute hell for me. I almost died from a sickness that I didn't know if I'd be the same even if I lived, my grandfather died, couldn't drive for 6 months (still have a month left) due to an autoimmune condition so I've had no steady income, had to keep on living with my parents, my other grandfather almost died, had a surgery this year where I had to recover for a month and a half and the risk was fairly high, my real estate project has been on hold for three months and have no clue of when I'll be able to even do something to have some sort of income...

And yet I don't complain like a fag. I'm actually pretty happy nowadays and things are looking up. Self-improvement isn't something that becomes old unless you're just doing it for le validation. Again, this is coming from someone who became cynical, apathetic and suicidal because I literally could not see any escape from the hell I was in. Thank God I'm here and still able to live. The whole "if I'm depressed so I must be too smart" or vice versa is a meme to demoralize doomers like you. And me, since I was that way as well. Git gud, OP

>> No.23331048

>>23330725
Ultimate cope post.
>your only smart if you completely failed in life and are completely depressed.
Just justifiying your pathetic state of life by saying anyone that isn’t in that terrible state are the “true losers” Actually disgusting.

>> No.23331059

>>23330913
>you owe it to your loved ones to be a good person to have around.

This is a very normie take on life Living for the gratification of others. I'll tell you that no true artist has ever lived like this.

>> No.23331064

>>23331035
Of course something is wrong, that's what i am saying, but the problem is that they get mad at you because they can't help and they take that personally as a punishment to you for making them feel bad at failing.

>> No.23331066

>>23331059
If they didn't care about the gratification of others, why would they make art? Almost every significant artist made efforts to get their art in front of audience (though of course many failed)
Even Emily Dickinson submitted her poems, Van Gogh was trying to sell his paintings

>> No.23331084

>>23331059
Ah yes, "true artists," a group known for having happy lives full of meaningful relationships.

>> No.23331122

>>23331064
That can happen, I've seen it and experienced it, so I know what you're saying. But, they won't all do that to you, some of them have a people pleasing complex and that's a malady all on its own, that's their burden. At the same time, you may actually sap the energies of other people without being aware of it. You're just expressing yourself, but you're negative, and this exhausts other people; so they try to help you, not only for your sake, but for their own, so you become less tiring to be around.
Some mix of these two things is probably closer to the truth if you're honest when looking back. The solution in each case is compassion. Compassion towards yourself; you're human, your feelings are normal and natural responses to depression, and even if they have bad consequences, you are only human and it's okay. If you feel guilt or blame toward yourself in excess for not being able to get it together, it perpetuates the cycle. If you have compassion for yourself, as you would a child in your care who's fucked something up, you have much more energy to stop being like this.
The other is compassion toward others. Look at how you speak about them. "Normals," "stupid," its all the language of the "inferior other." Others aren't as inferior or distant from your state as you believe they are. Its more an extension of you feeling this distance because you are alienated inside, so you project it out at them. If you bothered to ask or really get to know someone, you'll often find they've more going on inside there than you realize. And even if they don't, most people are still capable of great love and generosity on sheer emotional impulse. There's predators, but they're a minority, most people have basically good hearts and don't live up to it because they're experiencing the same shit you are, they're troubled.
So lighten up without beating yourself up. It's true you can't just hit the gym and feel better, its an internal problem. You feel better by allowing yourself to feel better. Your life isn't what you wanted, and you've failed many times at many things. You can accept this and be forgiving toward yourself, which will let you move on and be a more kind, positive and successful person, or you can dwell on it, which will make you resent and see the worst in everyone, including yourself, and you will continue to crash & burn.
The choice is yours. I love and care about you or I wouldn't have said this; you'd be surprised how many people are like that if you allow them to be.

>> No.23331159

>>23331066
Blackpill: artists are all posers

>> No.23331160

>>23331064
Also, a song for you:
>https://youtu.be/r0qmJoav5rE?si=475UxTGL63XSj_5d
Find a quiet space and listen to it intently, listen to the lyrics. Let it in.
I know you didn't ask for help, but I'm giving it to you anyway. My love to you.