[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 2.63 MB, 4032x3024, toro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2709948 No.2709948 [Reply] [Original]

I was given Picrel, for free. I don't need the mowing function. Can I adapt it to run PTO equipment? specifically, a rototiller?

can it be used to pull a row plow pr "fold over" plow? can I use it as the "ox" with an antique walk-behind livestock pulled plow?

>> No.2709954

>>2709948
no

>> No.2710019

Spec sheet says that model has a front PTO and some options for a snow blower attachment.
Beyond that, better to sell it and put the proceeds towards buying the tool you actually need.

>> No.2710234

They make stuff for GARDEN tractors to make them useful.

Gravely would be the prime example of a tractor that can do stuff. They are your best bet if your are looking for usefulness. Get one with the front set up and they will interchange with everything the walk behind will run. Which is about anything you can think of.
There is a John Deere pulley for the horizontal Kohlers to run a pump off the flywheel side.
Look at a 216 Deere with Hydraulic lift for an example.

Brimley makes some good stuff and there are mechanical lift attachments for most GARDEN tractors.

The 300 and up Deeres came with PTO and 3 points as well as several Fords and other models, but they get expensive when you get there. This is where you get into the 540 PTO of ag tractors.

Hell even the old Troy Built Horse rototiller had attachments for generators, sickle bar mowers, snow blowers and a hydraulic option for a log splitter or anything else one could think of.

This thing you have is a lawn mower and should be discarded or sold.

>> No.2711149

You fucking dinglebutts that just google forum shit and post it are awful.

"The prime example" fuck off already

So the consolidation that happened in the modern world with everything greatly standardized all things that look like what you have way before the rest of the world went down.

Tiller? No, prolly not. Hillbilly logsplitter? Probably doable.

The steering bits and axle will fail if you try and do too much gnarly shit with it.
Ag tires, chains, wheel weights and a trailer. Go wild.

If you have interest in a rototiller, any big old bolens, ariens, sears, etc will do.

But honestly unless you are doing more than one huge garden, just find oneof the old troy bilt horse or pony tillers. Ones that run off tractors are all pretty hard to keep maintained for yearly use at this point,because they legitimately are 50 years old and a lil finicky

>> No.2711213

>>2711149

we are getting an old tiller for free. can't remember what brand. it's old. possibly 1975? it's yellow. front wheel driven, counter rotating rear tillers. Briggs engine. it's big for a walk behind.

needs some basic work. points issue, I think. it's been sitting for 30 years.

walk behind tiller will be nice, but our ground is HARD. land hasn't been used since the mamoths walked it. it really needs a PTO tractor tiller on it once.

>> No.2711348

>>2709948
Not really. The chassis and suspension on a lawn tractor like that isn't going to survive that sort of pulling, and 25hp is barely enough to run a 4' rototiller with a factory PTO. Add to that the lack of 4-wheel drive, and even if you make it sorta-kinda work it's going to be an absolutely miserable experience to run.

>> No.2711741

With hard ground that hasnt been tilled you need the ability to feather the tines on the ground surface otherwise your pto starts powering your tractor through the tiller. It gets rowdy.

The walk behind is better for virgin ground. Rough on the shoulders for a few days, but if you are looking at lawn not garden and thinking a smol tractor tilleris your solution I can tell its your first go round.

Just put ag tires or atv tireson it and fuck around