[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 18 KB, 387x671, IMG_20210115_183701.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2004068 No.2004068 [Reply] [Original]

I have this 15kg punching bag which i hang from a pullup bar. my problem is it swings. my solution is to drill a hole into the floor to stick something that can link to a carabiner, and link the bag to the floor via a resistance band that absorbs momentum.
question is, how do i do this without fucking up my floor? how do i make it so that the thing inserted into the drill hole does its job and doesnt break anything? what would i even insert into the drillhole?

>> No.2004696

>>2004068
Boxer here, maybe wrap a bungee band around a second pull up bar and carabiner it to the bottom of your bag mate...
Also I recommen torrenting bas rutten mma workout for your bag routine.

>> No.2004706

>>2004068
>cinder block
>bungee cord
>pony up cash for a duralast double linked bag

>> No.2005181

>>2004696
keep in mind i would need to be able to use this as a normal doorway into my room
bas rutten bag workout? ive been training at home for a year now in preparation for mma so i will give it a look

>> No.2005182

>>2004706
this bag is mde out of a pillowcase full of sand and duct tape, i can just tape on a bottom clip, the issue is attaching it to the floor in the most convenient way

>> No.2005188

>>2005181
MMA sounds like you'd be better off learning how to take a skelping rather than a load of in-house bagwork. That being said, it's just a case of fitting the pullup bar door-bits upside down near the botton so that they stop the bar moving upwards rather than downwards.

>> No.2005211
File: 193 KB, 375x546, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2005188
>>2005188
yeah its better to train with someone or even have space for kicks and footwork but the week i got an mma gym membership lockdown started again, plus even before that getting any kind of training partner was a pain in the ass because of le social bubbles and such, fucking retarded. its probably not ideal since i want to do this competitively but at the very least my conditioning has improved, my knuckles have calloused and become hard and throwing punches feels more natural.
if you have any other tips id love to hear them because i really am purely self taught, if you have discord my user is Fig#8752
i also just came up with the idea to drill holes into the doorframe and mount a rope/bungee like this. thoughts?